1. Help prevent cancer: Studies have shown that walnuts contain many nutrients like omega 3 fatty acid, phytosterol and antioxidants which not only prevent growth of tumors but also reduce the risk of developing breast and prostate cancer.
2. Good for a healthy heart: Walnuts help in lowering cholesterol levels. They're rich in L-arginine (amino acid) and omega 3 fatty acid (alpha-linolenic acid) - two compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties and prevent the formation of blood clots. (More: Heart benefits decoded)
3. Help with weight-loss: Eating walnuts makes you feel full, which reduces appetite and helps with weight management.
4. Walnuts help in building resistance for insulin, control blood glucose levels and lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
5. Eating walnuts during pregnancy helps in reducing the symptoms of nausea and in proper brain development in children.
6. Walnuts work wonders for the hair; they're rich in biotin, prevent hair fall, improve hair texture and strengthen them.